Friday, May 21, 2010

SUMMER IS HERE

                             Approaching my second year in downhill skateboarding, I hope to avoid the steep learning curve that involved embracing curbs and haybales the last year. This road rash is from Chilliwack Mountain. Unfortuneatly I will be missing Danger Bay for my Gramma's 100th birthday, although I'm looking forward to 24 cousins in cowboy boots and old stories from the Canadian prairie ranch ( my mom's so Albertan she flew back over 6 months pregnant on the plane to have me born in Alberta after we all moved to BC by her favourite doctor). Needless to say I love skateboarding and my family is a BC family now. Races I'm hitting up this summer are: VERNON, MARYHILL FESTIVAL OF SPEED, CATHLAMET, SULLIVAN's CHALLENGE, and probably another one I can't remember. Next week I'm skating Giant's Head again with Brian, skipping the Britannia race (its 200$ this year!). I'll be staying at Brian's place in Summerland, its off the grid nick named, Gnarnia. Oh boy. And the Penticton skate park is a dream too.

No comments: